Issue new Orders of Approval
- In reviewing the IJC’s Orders of Approval governing how Lake Superior outflows are regulated, the Study Board concluded that there was no need for major revisions to the Orders. However, the Study Board concluded that there is a risk of confusion in having the conditions that are still in force spread between the original 1914 Orders and several much more recent Supplementary Orders, amid many superseded conditions. Implementing a new regulation plan would provide an opportunity for the IJC to integrate various existing Orders and Supplementary Orders and recognize some existing policies or practices within new Orders of Approval.
- Related Projects
- Orders of Approval Compendium
- Legal Review of Orders of Approval
- Shared Vision Modelling
- Lake Superior Plan Formulation
- Required Revision to Orders of Approval