View larger image
Vertical Field Survey Sault Ste. Marie Locks and Compensating Works
- Vertical field surveys were conducted in January and February 2012 to ascertain the elevations of the regulatory works in the St. Marys River, including the Compensating Works, hydropower plants, navigation locks and associated dykes. The purposes of the surveys was to verify the accuracy of existing information, and to update the elevations if necessary. All vertical data were referenced to IGLD 1985. Accurate elevation information are essential for accessing the risk of water overtopping the gates, structures and dykes, and are also essential for risk and structural stability analysis during extreme high Lake Superior levels.
- Additional Data and Information
Can't find what you're looking for? Want additional data, models or other information related to this project? This may be available upon request. Please send specific requests using the request button below:
- Supporting Content
- Main Topics
- - Lake Superior Regulation
- Questions We Asked
- - Can a regulation plan be designed to perform better than Plan 1977A?
- - What are the limits of regulation?