View larger image
- Dependent Projects
- Recreational Boating Synthesis and Summary
Recreational Boating, Tourism and Cruise Ship Economic Overview
- Fluctuating water levels affect marinas’ ability to operate and in turn affect their finances. To estimate the magnitude of this economic loss, a combination of questionnaire responses and physical data were used. Each area of study had an economic loss value estimated for three water level drop scenarios. The estimated economic loss experienced by marinas under each scenario is comprised of three components: damages, adaptations and lost slip revenue. The goal of this exercise was to create an estimate of the overall magnitude of economic loss at each water level scenario for the marinas surveyed. As losses were aggregated some accuracy will be lost, and since estimates were completed only for marinas that were surveyed they are therefore not necessarily representative of the industry as a whole.
- Additional Data and Information
Can't find what you're looking for? Want additional data, models or other information related to this project? This may be available upon request. Please send specific requests using the request button below:
- Supporting Content
- Main Topics
- - Lake Superior Regulation
- Questions We Asked
- - Can a regulation plan be designed to perform better than Plan 1977A?