- Dependent Projects
- St. Clair Bathymetric Data Analysis
History of Dredging and Compensation Work in the St. Clair and Detroit River
- The history of past physical changes from dredging for navigation purposes in the St. Clair - Detroit River system was reviewed and presented. Previous studies on placement of compensation works to offset the effects of dredging were also reviewed. Physical changes for navigation purposes first started in 1852 in the St. Clair River and 1872 in the Detroit River. The discussion includes government legislations and Canada-U.S. agreements authorizing the navigation deepening projects.
- Additional Data and Information
Can't find what you're looking for? Want additional data, models or other information related to this project? This may be available upon request. Please send specific requests using the request button below:
- Supporting Content
- Questions We Asked
- - Has St. Clair morphology changed since 1962, what initiated it, and when?
- - Remedial measures should not be taken in the St. Clair