View larger image
- Input Projects
- Water Uses Contextual Narrative
- Impacts of Fluctuations in Levels and Flow Rates
Domestic, Municipal and Industrial Water Uses Performance Indicators
- Development of performance indicators used in the evaluation of the impacts of water levels and regulation on the domestic, municipal and industrial water use interest group. Two performance indicators were developed: (1) number of water withdrawal facilities where problems occur or operations cease and the optimal operating range and levels where modifications are necessary for intakes and outfalls; and, (2) population that is served by public water systems and affected by high and low water levels. The performance indicators are based on a synthesis of information collected from surveys conducted with intake and withdrawal facility operators as part of the IUGLS, and were used in evaluating Lake Superior regulation plans.
- Additional Data and Information
Can't find what you're looking for? Want additional data, models or other information related to this project? This may be available upon request. Please send specific requests using the request button below:
- Supporting Content
- Main Topics
- - Lake Superior Regulation
- Questions We Asked
- - Can a regulation plan be designed to perform better than Plan 1977A?
- - What constitutes improved plan performance?
- Key Findings
- - Plan 2012 will be more robust and provide important benefits compared to Plan 77A
- - Plan 2012 provides overall economic improvements
- - Approve Lake Superior Plan 2012