View larger image
- Input Projects
- St. Clair Quaternary Geology Synthesis
- Underwater Video, Flow and Sediment Transport Surveys
- Dependent Projects
- St. Clair HydroSed2D Modelling
Critical Shear Stress Analysis of Clay Sediment Sample (Glacial Till)
- A study was conducted to determine the value of the shear stress at the bottom of the St. Clair River, and whether it is capable of generating significant erosion of the glacial till that is exposed in some areas of the river bed. Through a series of laboratory experiments, a sediment sample extracted from the river was tested to determine the critical value for the bed shear stress. This value was then used in sediment transport models for studying the conveyance of the river.
- Additional Data and Information
Can't find what you're looking for? Want additional data, models or other information related to this project? This may be available upon request. Please send specific requests using the request button below:
- Supporting Content
- Main Topics
- - St. Clair River
- Questions We Asked
- - Has St. Clair morphology changed since 1962, what initiated it, and when?
- - Remedial measures should not be taken in the St. Clair